Need Gym Motivation? Get Good Earphones, Says Science
It’s a well-established fact—music swings emotions. Listen to a sad song and you will instantly get into that gloomy mood. But tune in to something like ‘Lose Yourself’ by Eminem, and you would find yourself completely pumped up, highly motivated, ready to take on any challenge the world throws at you.
Not only in personal observations, this is something that has been proven well and beyond by countless studies and researchers.
Costas Karageorghis, one of the world’s leading experts on the psychology of exercise music, has called workout tunes as “a type of legal performance-enhancing drug”. He says music helps people distract from their pain and fatigue, which goes on to increase their endurance and enhance their mood.
So have you been looking for some motivation that pushes you to get out of your bed every day and holds you through intensive workout sessions – plug in some jam in your ear and find your groove.
But hold on now…
Yes, science says (right) music during workouts is a great source of motivation. But you also got to listen to technology, which says you need high-quality headphones to make that happen.
Do You have Good-Quality Earphones?
Even with so many varieties of headphones available in the market, quality still seems to be in scarce. Among many flaws, the sound quality they produce is uneven with poor bass and inability to effectively reduce noise.
And not to forget their longevity! Mingled wires, rough usage, and the regular instances of “oh-my-god-I-just-sat-on-my-headphone”, the product lasts for only a few weeks, duping you of your investment. When used during workout sessions, its durability further decreases. Then, add to that the inconvenience of exercising with wires all around.
To ensure, you’re soaking in the real power of high Beats Per Minute (BPM) and magic of inspiring tunes, the first thing you need to do is invest in good quality headphones.
5 Tips To Buy The Best Workout Earphones
Like mentioned already, there are countless varieties of headphones out in the market. When buying one, you’re tasked to weed out the bad from good ones and pick something that’s of high quality, comes with a warranty period and is well within your budget.
Here are 5 simple tips to buy the best workout earphones online:
- Say Goodbye to the Wire– Pick wireless headphones or the ones that have wire just around your neck. When working out, the wire can create all sorts of inconvenience. And that’s not something you want. When at the gym, you must be as minimalist as possible so as to move freely.
- Check The Warranty– Don’t buy any headphone that doesn’t come with a warranty period. A minimum of 6 months assurance is a must on your online purchase. Although good quality brands would usually offer one-year warranty period.
- Don’t buy cheap– But don’t buy an expensive headphone either. Before going for shopping set a strict budget. Remember, cheaply priced earphone won’t deliver quality sound. And the expensive ones, well, you don’t really need them for your gym. Anywhere around $30 or Rs 2000 is a great choice.
- Eliminate the noise– Buy audio Bluetooth earphones that have the noise cancellation feature. This is important for the gym, where everyone is clanging-and-banging, you need to shut down all the noise around and focus on just the music and your exercise.
- Stylish looking– While this may not be as big of a factor to consider here, but having a stylish looking headphone does feel good. Would it not? So make sure the color, size, and sleekness of what you’re buying are good enough.
These are 5 things/tips you must consider when purchasing your audio Bluetooth earphones for your everyday gym-sessions.
Find the right headphone; put an upbeat song on a loop, and workout for straight hours with no loss of enthusiasm and motivation.